Hi, I am Philip Mateescu.
Besides, if you’re reading this, you’re probably a friend whom I somehow managed to trick or coerced into giving me some page hits.
Software I Use and Am Grateful For
Can’t live without:
- MacVim and VIM & gVim - the one and only text editor, Mac version courtesy of Björn Winckler
- VsVim - VIM emulator plugin for Visual Studio 2010
- Moom - powerful window layout
- BetterTouchTool - enhanced gestures for your Mac trackpad (laptop & Magic) and Magic Mouse; free courtesy of Andreas Hegenberg
- Day-O - menu bar clock replacement; free courtesy of Shaun Inman
- LINQPad - query DBs in LINQ, but also a powerful editor for scratch C# code (and F# too)
- Python or Ruby or Node.JS with CoffeeScript
- GoodNotes - for taking notes on the iPad
Could live without, but choose not to:
- GoodReader - PDF (and more) reader for iOS
- Instapaper - for off-line reading
- DTerm - a context-sensitive command line
- AutoHotKey - keyboard remapper, automator, hotkey/macro tool
- Tweetbot - best looking Twitter client
- DaisyDisk and WinDirStat - to see what’s eating up my disk space
- IrfanView - too substitute somewhat for the lack of QuickLook on Windows
- Process Explorer, Process Monitor, and Debug View
- Carbon Copy Cloner - for disk backup
- Wikipanion - interface for Wikipedia and other MediaWiki websites, e.g. Wookiepedia.
Nice to have around: